When it comes to an armed intruder/active shooter, preparedness is a key part of the equation.
Preventing an armed intruder should revolve around a comprehensive strategy.
Comprehensive preparedness includes:
- Training (and reinforcement)
- Practice and drills
- Understanding the behavioral signs of an attacker
- Threat assessment
- Policy development
- Workplace violence program development & implementation
- Proactive access control & visitor management protocols
What does preparedness achieve?
- Immediate and appropriate response
- Quickly mitigate continued commission of crime
- Deterrence (in some circumstances)
- Possible recognition of the intentions PRIOR to commission of act
- Reduces increased injury or loss of life
- Reduces long term effects of the incident to those involved
Preparation DOES NOT equal prevention but it does allow more identifiable opportunities to de-escalate risk and/or mitigate the effects of an armed intruder/active shooter event at the earliest opportunity if it does occur.
Bottom Line: Preventing every attack is impossible, but planning and preparing your organization is a good start to reducing the overall impact of an armed intruder.
For more information on PREVAIL!™, please visit www.prevailnow.com.
Related Assets (3)
|PREVAIL!® (Armed Intruder/Active Shooter Training)||Armed Intruder/Active Shooter||Off-The-Shelf Video Program (ILT)|
|PREVAIL!® Armed Intruder/Active Shooter Training (Advantage - Employee)||Armed Intruder/Active Shooter||eLearning - Classic|
|PREVAIL!® Armed Intruder/Active Shooter Training (Advantage - Manager)||Armed Intruder/Active Shooter||eLearning - Advantage|