TrainingBriefs® Inappropriate Dress
Effectively Addressing Improper Work Attire
An employee is coming to work in clothes that are inappropriate for the workplace. What do you do? This course provides the just-in-time information and tools needed to help a manager address the situation while maintaining a respectful workplace.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to effectively work with an employee who dresses Inappropriately for the Job.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Audible Narration
- Linear Navigation
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Request a Quote
Training Files (1)
In many cases, employees are not aware that they are dressing inappropriately for the workplace or what is expected of them. It’s your job to communicate the problem, state your expectations, and reinforce those expectations.
Tell the employee about the inappropriate dress you have noticed. Give examples of what is acceptable according to the organization. Listen to the employee’s concerns, such as limited budget or lack of confidence about "fashion sense." Suggest resources for help.
Explore the Program: Managing Essentials™